Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember

This image still burns in my mind 7 years later. I remember sitting in bed watching the Today show and seeing this image. Still not believing the first tower scene, and then just gasping at this one. I remember Josh was still just a baby sleeping at just 19 months old. I remember watching everything unfold. I remember having to force myself to shut off the TV as it ran 24/7 in the house.
But do I think about it each and every day, I would have to say no. So today I will remember for those people that do think about it each and every day. For those families that today changed their life forever in more personal ways. For those children that might have been infants and toddlers and might have been sleeping, to wake to a changed world. I can not even begin to imagine what each of those families have gone thru these past 7 years, I can only hope and pray for each of them that the healing continues, and honor them today in my thoughts and prayers.

Today you are not forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. It is always sad to lose a loved one, and always hard to think of on the anniversary of their passing. But I am especially saddened for those people who lost loved ones in the attacks of September 11.

    My thoughts are with them this day because they have to experience these feelings of loss and rememberance while dealing with a very public and well-known event.

    ReplyDelete