Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We Voted!

Yes we did, as a family!
Kate and I felt it was so important to go as a family and vote yesterday.
Josh did the Kid's Vote , and we went to our voting booths.

I sat up and watched the coverage last night, till I fell asleep. Then I woke up at 1:30 am and watched more of the coverage. I watched the speeches last night and one part of the President Elect's speech has really sat with me this morning.

“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.”

I love this statement. I know there are people that feel disappointed, they felt that McCain was who they wanted to be President. I know the feeling when who you feel is the best choice doesn't win. I also have already heard how we as democrats have worked against the current President. I am sure I will hear more and more, and every little set back that this new administration has will be blown up and examined. BUT I for the first time in a long time will also voice my opinion at times. Because I once again have HOPE and DREAMS that are alive. It feels so good to look down the tunnel and have faith in the light at the end of it.
This will be a long hard road to fix the problems we all face in this country. BUT it is so great to wake up with the Dream that it can be done.

Today, I think of that 106 year old lady that went and placed her vote. I think of when woman were not allowed to have a voice and vote. I think of the time when Blacks were not allowed to vote. This lady has seen so much in her life time, and for her to see the First Black President Elected to office, how much has this woman seen in her lifetime? I think we can all only imagine what we could see in ours!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:29 PM

    I made the comment to Bob today too. My Grandfather is 91, was born in 1917. Can you imagine all the change and advancement he has seen in his life time? What will we see in ours? So much has changed already, what more is to come? What will our children accomplish? The possibilities are endless and limitless.

    ReplyDelete