Friday, July 18, 2008

10 years .....

ago today I got to marry my best friend.

We might not have been at a romantic restaurant, or had some great alone time, but we still celebrated being together.

We had Lee's Hoagies in a hospital room, Kate, Josh and myself. We were still together, and Kate is really working thru this joint replacement with flying colors. She walked half the way back to her room today from therapy....she knows that there is some wonderful stuff on the other side of all this and she can't wait to be able to walk pain free!! Keep good thoughts coming, hopefully she will be home in a week!!

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom, support and humor. I really have a smorgasbord of great friends, and every time when I need them, they are there. Just when someone is trying to bring me down, I have alot of hands there to lift me up. Sometimes you just need to know that the net is there.

So I did alot of thinking last night, since sleep wasn't winning....and I know that I would miss what I am doing too much. I know that I will probably never become a millionaire doing what I do, but I know there is alot more reasons I do it. So I did some writing and planning over the last hours and have some new focus, new ideas and new approaches to making things happen.

I need to learn to shed some baggage in my life, I need to just let go of some stuff and remind myself more each day all the good there is. I KNOW all this, it is just making it my own. It is good to have next week to unclutter things, and get some things in order. I love hitting bottom only to find out it is rubber and bouncing back is not so hard!!

And sometimes you just have to close your eyes and PUNT!

So here is to another 10 great years with my Best friend, I hope everyone celebrates the ones they love and that love them today.....those are who matter!

9 comments:

  1. Happy 10 years!! :) Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and Kate!

    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:07 AM

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's the quiet moments that I treasure over all others anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 10 years, and congrats on being able to decide to work past the people who try to tear you down. May you find many more years of joy in your relationship, and many more years of joy in your business- even if it doesn't result in millions. *clink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Congrats on 10 years. So happy you were able to sort things out, I hope the road is a bit clearer now. Money is nice, but it will never buy the love of a soul mate or a good friend. And they are far more valuable than any over inflated savings account. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Rollie! Lots of good stuff and LOVE how you used Josh's "punt" pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love. that. photo. I usually hate when people type that way, but it seems appropriate in this case :) happy happy to you and kate

    and, this makes me laugh: my word verification is :ideaoozy (sounds like idea-doozy!) Okay, enough computer for me-i am tired

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Congratulations on 10 years!! I wish you, Kate and Josh all the happiness in the world. I can't help myself I do keep up on your happings through your blog. Your vacation/cruise sounded wonderful, a time of a lifetime!! Josh is growing so fast, I think of you often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:56 AM

    10 years is HUGE! Congratulations!
    Toasting you to 10 more.

    Don't forget the best way to irritate miserable people is to smile brightly.

    Mental hug!!

    Reneecrops

    ReplyDelete