Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Can't we just forget about it Mom

Those are the words that Josh says to me after he has done something wrong sometimes.
He, as most children want to just move on, get to the good stuff. For the most part I think they are right. Not always. Sometimes there has to be consequences to the action. But for the most part, the talking after and the "I will never do that again" is enough.
It is such a hard line sometimes as parents. We just try and do our best.

I was doing a bit of blog hopping this morning and came across Jessica Sprague's blog I found it thru Sarah's blog. I am loving this ladies since of humor, her love of life and LOVING her photoshop tips. I am going to start doing more in there.

But, today as I was reading she had a quote on her blog that I just knew I was suppose to read.

”Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That just says it all. All that I need to hear this morning to get going and make this another stellar day. I think sometimes we just get up and think this is going to be a continuation of yesterday, or this week, or this month. Especially when the days have been less then what we want. When we are tired, we are doing things to just get by. We are complaining there are not enough hours in the day.

I think this is a good reminder for me. That yesterday is done, today is a whole new day. It doesn't have to be like yesterday, and there is no reason to keep thinking about what yesterday was all about. It will only waste some of today.

So here I go ....wanna come? High Spirit....ready for whatever today throws at me.



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    I just wrote this down and am going to use it on something. Perhaps to hang near my bed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I keep that quote in my pocket calendar inside my pocketbook. It's been tucked in there for acouple of years now. Getting a little ratty.

    It so spoke to me. Now, everytime I look to write down an important event, I see RWE's quote.

    It reminds me to take life as it happens, and forget all the bad stuff I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that quote...sometimes I need a reminder to just live, ya know? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete