Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Opening day!

Well yesterday was opening day for The Corner Store and it was a SUCCESS!!! I have to tell you the people that wished me good wishes and clinked their glasses with me made me feel like a success before I even opened the doors. I still remember opening the doors of the retail store almost 3 years ago, and while I didn't get to see all the smiling faces, they were still there through email and their orders as they came into my inbox. I was surprised and humbled by all the familiar faces. Thanks to everyone that is supporting me on this adventure. You restore my faith in people a little every day!
I also received a couple tokens to remind me of the day. Michelle came over to deliver this very wonderful Lucky Bamboo. Michelle is that person who has come in my life very quietly and I am discovering that she is one very special person that I am blessed to have around. I hope to get to know her better as time goes on. Besides the fact she makes great Jello Jigglers!




Then my Best Friend, my Rock, the one person in my life I never have to doubt about being there for me, Kate got me a wonderful plant
She wanted to get me something Long lasting, durable and hearty.....all the hopes she has for my new venture. I am so blessed to have her in my life. All the times I doubted if I was doing the right thing....she was the one with the words that would get thru to me. Thank you Baby, you are my rock.

So today, filling orders , stocking the shelves and doing some scrapbooking. I love coming to the office which is only steps away from bed, and being able to do what I love to do. My stress levels have been very low and my hopes and dreams still very much alive. Thanks to great friends and my family for seeing me through the last year. Your words were heard and I now know what you were saying. I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment