Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thank God for little boys....

I have been reading lately on a few friends blogs about how wonderful it is to have a little girl, the special bond that comes with that and all the pink and frilly things.

I really never gave it a second thought, was happy, so happy that I had a boy, I always considered myself a "boys mom".

But I have to admit my closest girlfriends that have brought little girls into my life, well a couple of them have truly captured my heart, and they have shown me I do have a gentle side and a little girly side I never knew about.

So lately, as my mind wonders.....especially when you lay in bed at night sometimes, unable to sleep....no matter what you do, and a combination of just alot of things lately....I often think what life would have been like if I had decided to have another baby, and had been able to give Kate that little girl I know she wanted. Now don't get all in an uproar, she loves Josh so very very much, and would never for one minute want him to be anything or anyone else....nor would I.
But we had originally wanted to have 2, but after 2 1/2 years of trying for Josh, it was hard to think about doing that a second time.

So just thoughts that creep in, you know when those kinda thoughts creep in...the what would haves, and the I wonders. So the point to this...... tonight it only took the hug from a little boy...out of no where, and for no prompted reason to let me know that things are just the way they should be, and that I am ok.

Thanks Declan, you will probably never know how much that hug meant to me tonight. You are one very special little boy. I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment