Monday, February 12, 2007

What's a day off?

Monday's is the day , I jokingly call my day off. It is the day that mlpa is closed. But that doesn't mean a true day off. Just means I don't have to go to the store. Altho that isn't always true either, sometimes it is a good day to get paperwork done. But in the winter months I try and not go. So I get a day to stay in my sweats and get things done here.

My list was a little long today. I got all but two things done, so that wasn't bad. I love crossing off that list!

Then Josh came home and we did homework, we read and then we played with legos. At dinner he says.."Mom, I do need valentines.....tomorrow" I couldn't believe he was telling me this at 5:38 pm. So I got up went to my studio , got out the cricut and paper. We had a blast...and got it done!




I have to admit, I wasn't happy about being told that late, and Josh and I had a discussion as we were making these that next time it would be a good idea to start this earlier. Of course he just melted my heart as he was putting on the stickles and said," look mom ...this is perfect, just like you. " Now I know he was talking about the perfection of the stickles placement, but it still melted my heart.

So tomorrow he will have 24 wonderful cards to give his classmates, and no one will know it was done last minute. Except me! ( and the other 3 people that read this blog.)

So other then a busy day , I am excited we might have snow tomorrow, I am looking forward to a few good snow pictures for this year. Maybe a snow day too.

Didn't get to scrap today, well not in the form I wanted to at least. But I know it is coming. We actually don't have anything to go to this coming Sunday so maybe then! I need to invite a few girlfriends over and maybe it will get me going. Anyone want to come and play at my house?

7 comments:

  1. Those came out so cute!!! You're such a good mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Those Valentine's are adorable. Ansley told me the other night she needed a zipper for her Home Economics class. I asked when and she said tomorrow... It was 8:45 p.m and they close at 9:00 You should have seen this red haired Texan racing to JoAnns. But we made it in time to get the zipper and the best part is Ansley is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 AM

    i am number 3 . . .but i know so many more read than you think . . .guess you found that out at cha! i would love to come and scrap on sunday . . .now to convince my hubby that i need to!

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Sure I'll come Sunday and scrap-let's see that's a 3 hour drive so I need to leave at.......
    :P
    K8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:13 PM

    5... TRish (who sadly taped dum dums to store bought batman & scooby do valentines! but that is what they wanted!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:22 PM

    #6... guess this means that mkroe people care about you then you thought!! Me and my kids played on the cricut too last night. They made their teacher's cards with it. We have had many of the "I need ?? for school tomorrow" as they are climbing into bed! The sad thing is that my biggest kid (DH) does this too me too!!!! It all worked out well and he will have the best V-day cards ever!!
    Stay warm and enjoy the snow!
    ~Chrys
    (**BTW, I am having a crop at my house on Sunday, u are welcome to join us if you don't have any takers!! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:51 PM

    rollie~
    I feel your pain on the last minute chinese fire drills for school project, etc. But I hate to tell you all of the talks in the world don't make it go away. Andrew @ almost 14 is still doing that to me! I have even threatened to let him go to school without whatever it is he needed, but then I cave anyway!
    I would love to crop on Sunday, but since I'll be @ mlpa all day Saturday I will have to save Sunday for my homework :( We should schedule another time when you can crop with us. :)

    steph p.

    ps... I see way more then three people are reading your blog silly!

    ReplyDelete