Monday, June 09, 2008

Growing.....




That is what I have been doing...growing out my hair. It has been about 2 months now and I haven't cut it all off. I go for trims about once a month, so that it feels good again and I don't get the urge to buzz it off. Now it has been about 10 years since I have had anything below the neck line so this is a big step. The only thing that made me lose my breathe today is when I looked in the mirror and I saw my Mother staring back at me!!!! It was ME!!! Yeah , yeah I know people have said it for years , but today I saw it.....YIKES! (just kidding Mom, I love ya, mean it!!)
It is scary when you do see it for the first time, I was looking older with this new hair do I guess, maybe looking my age (which will be 46 in a couple weeks)! But I am loving the new hair, it is fun to have a new style and it is fun to see what it will look like at each stage. I will see where this adventure takes me. I am enjoying the journey.
Kate is getting pretty handy with the camera ! Great Job!

12 comments:

  1. I can't beleive how long your hair is....hang in there....Just don't think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Love the hair - I am going the other way - cutting it as short as I can and get away with it still. My kids hate when I cut it - I love it.

    TinaCG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe how much its grown since I last saw you!

    Don't know how long you plan to grow it, but try to stick it out... you're in that annoying "hair at the ears" stage... just keep telling yourself it will pass! :)

    I had my hair short like yours was in college.... I remember growing it out and mine took FOREVER. At least your hair seems to grow pretty fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:49 AM

    I think your hair looks great Rollie and it does not make you look older. I remember growing mine out, very difficult, but I kept reminding myself how badly I wanted to be able to put it in a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:43 AM

    the "do" looks great. it will be worth it in the end.

    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks so nice! Definately stick with it. And your eyes are soooo BLUE in that top picture - I hope you plan to use that pic on a page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:38 AM

    The hair shows your personality more, the softer side of Rollie...=) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I see are the blue eyes!! i can't believe how blue they look in the pic! I think it looks great at this length too- you know how sometimes transitional hair can look weird :) So you're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rollie!

    You've been tagged!
    http://photosandpurls.blogspot.com/2008/06/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Love the highlights and the cut. That color really does bring out ALL the blue in your peepers!

    It's really pretty; Tres Femme, yet bad ass at the same time. All you, Hon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks great!
    that's so funny about seeing your mom when you look in the mirror. i haven't seen my mom in the mirror YET, but i do think my mom is becoming my grandmother. it happens to us all eventually!
    have a good day!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:10 PM

    if you see me in the mirror,just think when you get my age you will never look your age.your hair looks great and you have always had beauiful blue eyes. love you to mom

    ReplyDelete